Wednesday, March 15, 2017

March Masculine Card

The March Challenge continues at Mixed Media Mojo and for my second project I went with a masculine birthday card.  The challenge runs to the end of the month and the theme is Birthdays with Balloons as the twist!  So let's get started!


I wanted to show a quick easy way to make a card for someone by using an embossing folder and dies.  Often times I overwhelm myself with over thinking a card, tag, mixed media project or art journal.  I liked the clean lines of this card and the two colors of silver and black.  It doesn't necessarily have to be given to a man and one could just change the background black card and it could be used for a woman's card as well.


To start all I did was a cut a piece of black cardstock (I used Bazzill card stock) and Tim Holtz Kraft Core silver paper into the size of an A7 card.


Then I took a Happy Birthday Embossing folder from Darice and ran the silver cardstock through my Vagabond 2 machine. I was going to leave the black card stock plain but decided I liked the embossing and ran the black through as well.


Since our challenge had a twist with balloons, I used my balloon die from Tim Holtz Crazy Things Die set and cut out 5 black balloons with strings from the Bazzill card stock.  Then I cut a thin strip of the black card stock and embossed it. I then placed it horizontally across the card along with another strip of silver card stock. I glued everything down with my tombow adhesive and voila!



This card was super easy to make and I like the clean lines and simplicity of the card.  A good technique that can be changed with different colored card stock.  I hope you enjoyed this fast and furious tutorial!  You can see more of my work on my blog-https://artsytartsyandsuch.blogspot.com/

Thanks for looking! Juli


1 comment: