Monday, January 11, 2016

Glittery Snowy Fun!

Hey there!  Maria here today with a art journal layout based on this month's challenge!   I hope that you will come play along with us this month!


This is a layout in a Strathmore Mixed Media Visual Arts journal. It's a 5x7 size.  I'll admit this is not a brand new layout that I just created but I also never shared it!  It's perfect for this challenge though.


The background consists of basic craft paints then I layered with scraps of pattern paper in fun winter colors and themes.  I used a gel to adhere it all.  The cute kids are cut out from a great pattern paper I had in my stash.  The "snow" is actually a paper fiber paste I had on hand.  I added some dazzling diamonds glitter to the paste.



Here you can see some of that dazzling glitter

While the page was wet from the gel I sprinkled more glitter all over to give it a all over glittery look.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!  Come play along with this month's challenge!

Maria

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely page you have created Maria! I love the glittery snow effect.

    I have never really done any art journaling, but it is something I would definitely like to try in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pages Maria, love the glitter and texture! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete