Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Snow Fun

Hey there!

I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year!  Let's get going for a fabulous 2016!

Today I wanted to share with you a few more details regarding the snowman piece I made for this month's challenge.  This month our theme is Winter and the twist is Glitter!


Here is the piece:

This was created on a 5x7 canvas board.  I love working on canvas board as it's inexpensive to buy and easy to work with.  If I want to hand this I just had a clear plastic hook to the back like these:


Here are some steps and products I used:

This great snowman set is by Stampers Anonymous, the stencil is part of the Dina Wakley Scibbly Holiday Birds stamp and stencil set. I used some basic craft paints as well.  I used the Dylusion Spray to color the scarf.  All you do is spray a bit on a craft mat and pick up the ink with a brush.  I like to use the Ranger water brushes.


Here i added some washi tape! LOVE love washi tape.  I got into a craze recently and acquired lots of it.  Finding it all over on sale with coupons etc... LOL! 

Here I used Ranger texture paste for snow, Ranger Clear Rock Candy glitter, Blue Ultrafine glitter.  I have to say I LOVE the Ranger Texture paste for what I use it for.  I have the artist kinds of pastes by Liqutex etc but I do love working with this one mostly.

Thanks for stopping by today!! I do hope you will find some time to get creative and play along with us this month!  Can't wait to see what you do!




Maria

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the step by step Maria, I was wondering what was underneath your texture paste snow, never would have thought to use washi! Great project, thanks for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Maria, a great idea to use the washi tape.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete